* Mount Pleasant is the first municipality outside of Washington DC to have a Veterans' Video Wall.
* Mount Pleasant Borough is the first municipality in the state to form a
Business District Authority.
* Mount Pleasant Borough is the first in the state to establish a community-wide Rain Garden Retrofit to help eliminate storm water issues.
* In 2000, the Mount Pleasant Glass & Ethnic Festival was
honored as a permanent addition to the Library of Congress Local
* Mount Pleasant is the oldest borough in Westmoreland County.
Mount Pleasant Volunteer Fire Department Band is the oldest continuous band
in the state.
* Mount Pleasant is the only borough in Pennsylvania
with an ordinance requiring gas stations in the
to be full service.
* Mount Pleasant Town Clock is over 120 years
* Since it was erected in 1924, the Mount Pleasant Doughboy has had major repairs twice.
* Mount Pleasant has had three Mayors since the Borough adopted
the term, "Mayor" in 1966.
* In 1934, the Pittsburgh Pirates (Steelers) held
Training Camp at what is presently known as Falcons Field.